In John F. Kennedy's Inaugural Address, January 20, 1961, he ended it with the following memorable quote:
“And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”
Whether you are a citizen of the US or some other great nation, all of us are being asked to cooperate in eliminating the pandemic known as Covid-19. Social Distancing, Self-isolation and quarantines have become the new norm. That is what we can do for ourselves and for each other.
What no one can know is for how long? At the very best it will be a couple of months and it is more likely to be at least through 2020.
So the question for all of us how well can we do in the coming months. Howard Marks the founder of Oaktree Capital Management put it best when he said:
“You can’t predict. You can prepare.”
As a business owner, what can you be doing today to be prepared as you can be given the current circumstances?
Here are the 5 things you should be focusing on right now
Over the last few days I have been wondering how to be of even more help to the people I serve and work with.
To that end, I decided to start an online PEER GROUP RESOURCE CENTRE.
You're invited: online peer group resource centre
Starting on Wednesday April 8 and continuing for at least 13 weeks let’s get together in a group zoom call.
It will be at 9:30 am Pacific or 12:30 pm Eastern. There is no charge, yes that’s right, it is free.
If you go to Peer Group Resource Centre you can sign up to join us. Here is what you can expect:
- A community of like minded peer business owners who are focused on the future and how to best navigate these turbulent times.
- Each week everyone will given an opportunity to describe their biggest win of the week or something you are grateful for.
- You will get a chance to ask, “YOUR BIG QUESTION.” What is on your mind, what would like some help with from the group or from me. We will share tips, tricks and the best ideas others have used to solve the same challenge you may be having.
- A group of business owners who are in the trenches, fighting the same fight, it can be lonely out there, why not get someone who can give an ear and another perspective.
- Each week, will have a focus. For example, the first one is how to prepare and work with a 13 week cash flow forecast.
While these may be interesting times fraught with peril there is also opportunity.